Storytelling is at the heart of all human connection and at Code Blue—this program will focus on the acquisition and transference of social skills in a creative and safe environment that is peer mentor driven.
Chill Write is a safe and creative setting for young adults to tell their stories. Recounting an experience and telling your story is one of the best social skills to master. You don’t need a writing background or writing skills at all, just a desire to be heard.
Pre-requisite: Being enrolled in or completion of Chill Foundation.
- Self-expression through creative writing allows for each young adult to find their voice
- Growth in self-confidence and self-awareness
- Increases ability to change direction in thinking
- Improvement in executive functioning specifically flexible thinking, planning and implementing tasks
- Improved memory
- Sense of belonging and genuine inclusion in the Chill family environment (safe and respectful)
- Improves cognitive functioning
- Authentic sense of achievement and pride
- Increased social connections and friendships in a team-based environment
Writing and autism
Writing allows us to express ourselves, our thoughts, experiences, ideas and feelings and this medium is a fantastic vehicle for our young adults to express themselves. Creative writing is known to enhance our ability to change our patterns of thinking (when we need to).
Did you know that research has found creative writing to have a direct impact on neurological health particularly memory enhancement?
Our young adults view the world differently and through creative writing can express how they experience life, a gift for all of us!
Term 1 24 January – 1 April
Term 2 18 April – 24 June
Term 3 11 July – 16 September
Term 4 3 October – 9 December
2:00pm – 4:30pm
29 Rogers Street
West End Q 4101
$1,650.00 per term (1:3 peer mentor support)
$2,410.00 per term (1:1 peer mentor support)