Chill Tunes is a creative voice program specifically designed for young adults that uses all forms of song as a platform for social skill development.
Facilitated by professional vocalists, Chill Tunes focuses on chorus and solo singing, vocal production and ensemble storytelling through lyrics and music. Chill Tunes explores a wide variety of music genre such as acapella, pop, classical, rap and jazz. Like all Chill programs, Chill Tunes
offers a supportive, respectful environment that fosters connections and friendships.
- It’s a workout – toning abdominal and intercostal muscles
- Increases aerobic capacity and stamina
- Improves posture
- Boosts the immune system
- Releases endorphins making you feel energised and uplifted
- Reduces stress
- Natural antidepressant
- Improves mental alertness, concentration and memory
- Social gold!
- Improves self confidence
- Broadens expressive language
- Stimulates insight into the meaning of words
- Ensemble work is teamwork!
- Brings the body, mind and spirit together as one
Music and autism
“When you sing, musical vibrations move through you, fixing your physical and emotional landscape.”
Singing provides catharsis across the full emotional spectrum. It can give a directly-experienced, felt-sense of happiness. It’s a mood lifter & antidepressant with no side effects. And it’s not news to health professionals that mental & physical health are intimately linked.” (Journal of Music Therapy: Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 125–143. Singing as a Therapeutic Agent, in The Etude, 1891—1949 Bryan C. Hunter, PhD, MT-BCaa Nazareth College, Rochester, New York.)
Term 1 22 January – 28 March
Term 2 15 April – 21 June
Term 3 8 July – 13 September
Term 4 30 September – 6 December
2 hour workshop | once a week
10:00am – 12:00pm
29 Rogers Street
West End Q 4101
$1,750 per term