Chill on the Grill
Chill on the Grill is an online home-based interactive and peer mentor assisted cooking program.
Using Zoom, each session focuses on simple but healthy gourmet recipes that motivate participants to cook and develop independence in the kitchen. Each week the class culminates in a shared meal where conversation about the cooking experience brings participants together.
- Shopping for ingredients
- Organisation skills–setting up
- Food preparation
- Reading, processing and following recipes
- Basic preparation skills of chopping, slicing & peeling
- Plating a meal
- Table setting
- Sharing a meal
- Cleaning up
- Nutrition fact for each meal
- Safety and hygiene
How it works
Chef Instructor Sebastian and his team of “foodie” peer mentors deliver this dynamic cooking program. Simple instructions, modeling and prompting (visual and verbal) techniques are used by the team to ensure success for each participant. Chill on the Grill is all about learning
and generalising these important skills in your own home.
Peer mentor support is provided online at a ratio of 1:3. 1:1 peer mentor support (in home) is also available for participants who reside in Brisbane only. Many families engage a support worker to assist in home if required. Each week a recipe and shopping list (with graphics)
is provided. And families enjoy a beautiful dinner
every Tuesday evening!
- Independence in the kitchen
- Skill generalisation in own kitchen
- Understanding nutrition & healthy food choices
- Cook for family & friends
- Increased confidence & self-esteem
- Social, social, social!
Term 1 22 January – 28 March
Term 2 15 April – 21 June
Term 3 8 July – 13 September
Term 4 30 September – 6 December
2.5 hour workshop | once a week
2:30pm – 5:00pm
$1,750 per term (standard support via Zoom)
$2,550 per term (1:1 mentor support in home – only available in Brisbane)
What technology do you need at home?
- Home internet
- A laptop or a tablet or a smart phone
- Ideally some headphones, but not essential